Office and Prescription Refill Policies
My office is part time and I am primarily only in the office on Wednesdays. My office is also completely virtual, and I do not have a physical office space. Please be on time for virtual appointments. I try to make follow up appointments at the end of a visit. I do not send out text reminders of our appointments.
Texting and Phone Policies
My office is different in that I have no staff. My office phone is a cell phone. I may correspond some via text message for non-emergent issues, mainly to finalize times for appointments. Appointment requests do need to be generated through the Appointments link on my website.
NOTE: I am no longer accepting medication refill requests via text message. Please use the Medication Refill link.
Text messages are also not appropriate for questions regarding changing treatment or for updates on what is going on in your life. please limit any text message responses to be concise and to the point.
If you are feeling unsafe or this is a medical emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately. Texting is not appropriate.
Prescription Refill Policies
- Prior to requesting a refill, look at the fill date on your bottle and if any refills are remaining.
- Call your pharmacy and see if there are any new prescriptions on file (different than refills).
- Refill requests will be processed within 2 business days.
- Requests must contain medication name and dosing, as well as full name and address of pharmacy.
- Do not send multiple requests.
- Some medications are controlled substances and cannot be refilled without an appointment.
- Do not send a medication refill request via the website and then text and call my office phone to tell me you have sent in a medication request.
Patient Appointment Request Policies
- Please expect up to 2 business days response time for setting up follow up appointments and new patient appointments.
- For new patient appointments, please check with your insurance company if I am in network.
- Regarding Medicaid patients, I am no longer accepting Absolute Total Care/Molina/Wellcare.
- I may respond to you via text message to finalize times.
- Appointments that are not cancelled within 24 hours prior to appointment or missed (barring special situations) will be charged the full out of pocket charge. Insurance does not apply to this situation.